Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Can't believe it's time for another year already!  Here's a look back at some of the things Brian and I experienced this last year....

In January we moved in to our rental house and appreciated all the help from family with painting, moving boxes, sweeping and setting up!



Then loved hanging out at our new place and just relaxing...
And I had fun decorating our bedroom

I started to show...

and we found out it would be a BOY!


We went to Arizona to visit Mike and Joelle...
(the belly continuously expanding..!)

All the while I kept growing and growing...

And had a baby shower thrown by my besties



My sister Rachel got engaged and asked the "family band" to perform, so we had to practice...
It was semi-organized chaos...

Izzy got his first haircut

And I spent a LOT of time painting and decorating the baby's room...

My baby sister got MARRIED! (weird...)

I got close to the bursting point, gained a fat face
and cankles...
so my doctor thought I should be induced!
We went in Monday night and they taped my cervix for a slow induction
Then Tuesday morning they broke my water and started contractions and the real fun began....
It was all worth it though because a few long hours later, Baby Legend was here!
The nurses took him away and got him cleaned up...
And then Legend was able to meet his family!
 before we knew it (and well before I'd gotten enough sleep...) it was time to go home,
hang out with more family,
(with liam)


meet the dog,

and try to get some sleep...

My good friend Carly came and took some fun newborn pictures of Legend
and we noticed he was looking a little orange...

So we went to his 2 week appointment and found out he had pretty high levels of jaundice, so it was back to the hospital for us!


Legend was a trooper! (he seemed to really like the warm lights)

Legend got his levels down and the next month we went on Legend's first and our last annual family trip to Bear Lake




We went to the State Fair and the Rodeo even though it was a rainy day

and Legend and Izzy continued to get to know each other.


We enjoyed the last little bit of warm, summer weather by spending as much time outside as possible

and I dyed my hair dark (something I've always wanted to do...)


and got mad at izzy and accidentally slammed my finger in the door.
and eventually lost the nail, (yuck!)


It started to cool down which made our walks a little chilly,


and had Halloween which was sort of a bust because Brian had to work and Legend had an ear infection...

So I carved pumpkins by myself.



Trevor and Sherstin announced they would have a baby this May, 2012!



Legend got too big for his baby seat so we upgraded,

we met great Grandpa Williams from New Zealand,


And Izzy got in BIG trouble...


I redecorated the kitchen while Legend took naps or after he went to bed.







We met cousins Elsie and Alia and all three were blessed together, then spent Thanksgiving with Grammy and pops




then had fun decorating for Christmas!

Legend is becoming a pro at sitting and getting bigger and bigger every day,

and giggles at the dog all the time. They love each other!


We are grateful for a great year! Bring on 2012!


































No comments:

Post a Comment