Sunday, May 23, 2010

Forgive and Forget? Not as easy as it sounds...

To others this may not seem like a big deal, but I am full of frustration and fury this weekend.  Two years ago I had to get my tonsils removed.  Two months before my wedding I started to get really sick and horrible sore throats, so I went to my doctor.  I had tonsillitis.  I was in a lot of pain and constant pain with sore throats and cold-like symptoms, but I didn't have time to get them out and heal before the wedding.  We decided it would be best to wait until after the wedding while I was out of work and had plenty of time to heal.  We found a doctor on my insurance who could get my in fast and I had it done that July.  Well, LONG story short, two years later I am still having constant sore throats and other strange problems.  People didn't believe me when I said there seemed to be holes in my throat because food would get stuck in there when I ate food.  Finally my steadfast mama made me make an appointment with an ENT/reconstructive plastic surgeon and sure enough he looked at my throat and has a not so comforting reaction.  This was what he said, "wow!  You weren't kidding; you have little caves on either side of your throat!  I have NEVER seen anything like that before... who on earth was your doctor??"   ...Ya, not really the reaction you want to hear from your doctor.  I am SO angry and the man who botched my surgury and didn't even care to follow up with me after the countless phone calls from a mother, worried about the daughter who was sick for a month and a half and losing weight she doesn't have to lose.  I know in my heart I should just be happy that this new doctor feels confident that he can fix it, but all I can think about is the fact that I SHOULDN'T HAVE to have this surgery.  It should have been fixed TWO years ago, and now I have to pay $1000 to have HIS mistake fixed, not to mention the pain this second surgery is going to cause.
Maybe once I am all healed and feeling better I can forgive and forget, but for right now I just want to the last two weeks of colds, sore throats, infections, sickness and pain back.

No comments:

Post a Comment