Friday, May 7, 2010

I love my mommy :)


So, It's Mother's Day weekend and I have been thinking about all of the many many reasons why I love my mom! So I thought I'd name just a few of the multiplicity of reasons, along with some wonderful facts about her.

1. She is always organized, even when the house is in chaos with everything going on. She let's her kids pull her in 100 different directions but she always remembers each kid's baseball games, dance recitals, piano lessons, band concerts, etc.
2. She is always there for me when I need advice. I can never make a big decision withough her input; somehow she just always has a solution. Especially when I overbook myself and can't figure out what to do, she always has the answers.
3. When she laughs really hard, her face turns red and she cries.
4. She doesn't know how beautiful she is, but people always compliment her and tell me my mom is gorgeous.
5. She feels socially awkward but doesn't realize everyone likes to be around her.
6. She has never been shy about giving me sex ed lessons or advice, thus making me comfortable enough to ask her questions whenever I needed to.
7. Nothing gets past her. She always knows who has a crush on who, who's trying to get away with what, and who's not telling the whole truth!
8. She is VERY in tune with the spirit, she's never afraid to ask for a blessing or say a prayer, and she keeps the spirit in her home. Skipping church, playing with friends or watching movies on Sunday were never even an option and we never even bothered to ask for permission. We already knew what the answer would be!
9. She used to feel so worried about people coming over to her "small, messy house", but over the years I've seen her transform into a person who, though she likes a clean house and would love a bigger kitchen, doesn't mind company and just knows how to make do with the space she has. I always LOVED having my friends over in High School.
10. She always had an "after school snack" ready for me when I got home from school.
11. She can always tell when something is wrong, just by looking at my face. I can never keep a secret from her!
12. She never takes a day off to be sick.
13. She knows how to whip up an amazing meal just from frozen hamburger, a few spices and maybe some noodles or rice. Don't ask me how... I'm still learning.
14. She has SO much faith!
15. She is tough as steel on the outside but has the gentlest heart of anyone I know.
16. She knows how to follow the guidance of the spirit. She knows when to listen and when to act. That has always set an amazing example for me.
17. She can be doing nothing and no one will be needing her at the moment, but the second she steps out of the house EVERY single person will ask in turn, "hey... do you know where mom is?"... even if we don't need her for any specific reason. It's always just a huge comfort to know she's there.
18. Wherever she goes in the house, eventually a flock of children will follow. She might leave the room to sit on the couch or on her bed, and slowly, one by one, each child will find themselves following her vibe to the same room and just sitting. Even when she asks, "did you need something?" you'll often hear the reply, "well no... I just wanted to see what was going on!"
20. She puts up with people's crap even when she knows she is not in the wrong. I would be the first to point out the other person's flaws in return and chew them out for whatever wrongs they've done to me. She, on the other hand, will turn the other cheek and apologize for whatever wrong doings she may have done or offenses she may have caused, and keep that hurt welled up inside.
21. She has never been afraid to stand up for what she believes in.
22. She knows each of her children individually
23. Sometimes she calls the dog "Graci", and Makenna "Lady".
24. She knows how to laugh at her mistakes and joke about hard situations, but take things serious when they need to serious.
25. She is a bombshell, a beauty, a candy machine, a chef, a mom, an ear, an advisor, a friend, a coach, a cheerleader, a maid, a chauffeur, a wife, a builder, an idealist, a teacher, an artist, a homework-helper, a crisis-solver, an advertiser, a role model,a constant in all of my family's lives, and the BEST MOM IN THE WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment