Friday, September 23, 2011

Oh September, I'm Falling for You....

I LOVE the fall. Today was officially the first day of fall and I am getting excited for the cooler weather that October brings. (Although September cooled down significantly already).  Why do I love fall? It is definitely NOT because it leads to winter, in fact, that is the down side. But I love everything else. I love the changing leaves, the crisp air, hot wassle, soup, warm bread, the smell of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and the start of all the holidays. Fall brings all of these lovely things but one thing not so lovely that it also brings is one of my greatest weaknesses.... it happens every year about this time and I can't stop it and I usually can't give in to it either. What am I referring to you ask?  Shopping. Fall clothes. I love to transform my wardrobe (as much as I can depending on how our budget is doing) with new sweaters, layered shirts, boots, mittens, scarves, etc all in fall colors such as burnt oranges and mustard yellows. It doesn't help that some of my most favorite colors year round ARE fall colors. This happens to me every year. I see the stores starting to get in new clothes for fall and at first you're thinking, "what? It's way too early for those clothes!" but that is when the itch starts... the itch that I usually can't scratch but I love to covet anyway.  If money was no object, I think that my wardrobe would be a lot bigger year round, but especially this time of year.  Some of my FAVORITE stores right now include Anthropologie (which I've never purchased anything from because I can't help but think how many things from Ross I could buy for the price of that one sweater...) and Bohme Boutique. Bohme is a little more expensive but some of the things there are definitely affordable. Although that store was the first time I ever spent $30 for one shirt, I definitely wore it enough to get my money's worth. Including while I was pregnant, until I just couldn't squeeze in to it anymore. Which took a while, because I refused to let it get too small in my mind.
Speaking of fashions and shopping, for the last year or so my taste as definitely taken a turn (for the better in my opinion, of course) to a more vintage feel. Unfortunately it's a lot more work and often more money to look vintage chic than would be expected. Many of these looks I love are from the two, aforementioned stores. But here are some of the looks I have been eyeing the last little while...
Palazzo Pants. I swore before I'd never wear anything like this, but all in all I thing they are quite chic; especially with a frilly ruffled shirt tucked in. This, perhaps, goes along with my next new love...
illusive dream palazzo pants
cirque renoir polka dot top
(pretend the shirt would match those pants and you get what I'm saying..)
High waisted pants...


This picture is perhaps a bit extreme but I still adore.  In fact, this has been going on for quite some time. Two years ago while living in Maryland I went to a store in DC and saw some high waisted pants that I LOVED.  I didn't try them on because of the price and because they weren't exactly "in" but later regretted it. I went back a week later to find them again and they were no longer in stock. Drat! I could have been the trend setter. Sometimes I feel like fashion is like, a year behind what I'm thinking. I should start a business or something.


also high waisted skirts


Another thing I swore off ages ago but am eyeing lately?  Wedges. Yes! I said it. I used to be a flats or stiletto gal only, didn't really like the chunkiness of wedges but lately I am love them! Well, strappy wedges. There are still some out there I would never be caught dead wearing.
exhibit A: GOOD
tawny manifold knotted wedges in coral

 gracefully glowing on the golden sand wedges
Exibit B: Dreadful

moschino heart wedges Moschino Cheap & Chic heart front Sandwich t bar wedge sandals
and exhibit C: just some I would never wear....

B and C NOT to be confused with something I would ever wear.

another style of shoe I have been trying to find but haven't had much luck with, are a modern twist on something old school/vintage. Remember the oxford shoes? Combined with 2011 and you get...
Chelsea Crew "Jenny" oxford heels in tan

Chelsea Crew "Claire" oxford wedges in burgundy
(incorporating the wedge we like)...
santiago lonas oxford shoes
or flat
For Fall I am also loving ankle boots (also new to my taste)
Blowfish \"Aerin\" buckled ankle boots

I've always loved cardigans but now have been thinking of different ways to wear them.
One being a LONG cardigan with a skinny belt and a skirt...



I have definitely joined the feather revolution...



and shirts cinched at the natural waist line...
regent floral print tunicbering sea floral applique top in cream


becoming blithe shirt dress
(again with the skinny belt)

I am in love with Maxi dresses
Different Degrees MaxiShapeshifter Maxi

Last but not least is something I have NOT been brave enough to try yet, but when I told my mom they were back she laughed out lout...
JUMPSUITS

day tripper deep marigold jumpsuit




I LOVE THEM!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the wedges. And the oxfords. Let's go buy lots in NY!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete